Skip to main content

The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

Rating
3/5 stars

Genre
Fiction - Suspense

Goodreads Summary
A novel of suspense that explores the complexities of marriage and the dangerous truths we ignore in the name of love.
When you read this book, you will make many assumptions.
You will assume you are reading about a jealous wife and her obsession with her replacement.
You will assume you are reading about a woman about to enter a new marriage with the man she loves.
You will assume the first wife was a disaster and that the husband was well rid of her.
You will assume you know the motives, the history, the anatomy of the relationships.
Assume nothing.

Review
I feel like I should preface this review by saying I've been on a major book hangover since reading The Light We Lost. Because of that, it was hard for me to pick up another book, and I feel like I probably didn't enjoy this as much as I normally would have. I have heard rave reviews about The Wife Between Us and have been so excited to pick it up. It was definitely a well-written, intriguing read, but it wasn't all that I had been hoping for. There were some good twists and things I didn't see coming, but I kept thinking that it reminded me a lot of The Last Mrs. Parrish, which I loved; however, I was just hoping for more originality. I think this duo of authors is fantastic and do a great job writing a suspense novel. I really enjoyed An Anonymous Girl, which will be published in 2019. With all that being said, I'm probably in the minority of people who didn't really love this book, so I would still suggest you pick it up and see what you think!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 star books

Here are six books I've read so far this year that I've given a 5 star rating to. I highly recommend each one! I've linked each to Amazon for ease of finding. The Woman in Cabin 10  by Ruth Ware What Alice Forgot  by Liane Moriarty The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas Defending Jacob by William Landay I'd love to hear your thoughts on any of the above books! Did you love them as well? Or maybe they weren't your favorite? Let's chat in the comments below! Happy Reading!

The Light We Lost by Jill Santopolo

Rating 5/5 stars Genre Fiction - Romance Goodreads Summary He was the first person to inspire her, to move her, to truly understand her. Was he meant to be the last? Lucy is faced with a life-altering choice. But before she can make her decision, she must start her story--their story--at the very beginning.  Lucy and Gabe meet as seniors at Columbia University on a day that changes both of their lives forever. Together, they decide they want their lives to mean something, to matter. When they meet again a year later, it seems fated--perhaps they'll find life's meaning in each other. But then Gabe becomes a photojournalist assigned to the Middle East and Lucy pursues a career in New York. What follows is a thirteen-year journey of dreams, desires, jealousies, betrayals, and, ultimately, of love. Was it fate that brought them together? Is it choice that has kept them away? Their journey takes Lucy and Gabe continents apart, but never out of each other's hearts.