Skip to main content

The Thinnest Air by Minka Kent

Rating
3.5/5 stars

Genre
Fiction - Suspense/Thriller

Summary
Meredith Price feels like she hit the jackpot when she marries a wealthy, older man with two children. She quickly settles into her new life of luxury—spa days, yoga classes, and shopping. But when she suddenly goes missing, her wallet and keys still left in her car, no one has a clue what could have happened. When her sister and closest confidant, Greer, flies into town, she starts to wonder who can really be trusted. And soon she might be more wrapped up in this case than she ever thought possible.

Review
I enjoyed this book; it was definitely good, but I wouldn't put it in the category of great. I really liked the suspense—it kept me reading as I was always curious to know what was going to happen next. I do, however, think the ending was a bit short-lived. It felt rushed and anti-climatic to me. It's the classic woman goes missing, money is involved, whodunit book. Nonetheless, this is a great one to pick up if you're looking for a quick, suspenseful read!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Book of Essie by Meghan MacLean Weir

Rating 4/5 stars Genre Fiction - Contemporary Summary The Hicks have made quite a name for themselves as an upstanding, virtuous family with their own reality show, Six for Hicks . Father is the leader of a mega church; Mother gives off the image of perfection and maintains control in all situations. Their spotless reputation is suddenly at risk when Essie, their youngest daughter, winds up pregnant. Essie's mother, Celia, begins concocting up ideas of how to handle the "situation." Abortion? Arranged marriage? They'll do anything to cover it up and keep their image. However, Essie has her own idea of the direction this could possibly go and, with that, she stands to both lose and gain immensely. It turns out this isn't the only secret the Hicks family is trying to hide. Review I have to admit that the first thing that drew me to this book was the presumed similarity to the Duggar family and their television shows. This book was full of many ...

The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

Rating 3/5 stars Genre Fiction - Suspense Goodreads Summary A novel of suspense that explores the complexities of marriage and the dangerous truths we ignore in the name of love. When you read this book, you will make many assumptions. You will assume you are reading about a jealous wife and her obsession with her replacement. You will assume you are reading about a woman about to enter a new marriage with the man she loves. You will assume the first wife was a disaster and that the husband was well rid of her. You will assume you know the motives, the history, the anatomy of the relationships. Assume nothing. Review I feel like I should preface this review by saying I've been on a major book hangover since reading The Light We Lost. Because of that, it was hard for me to pick up another book, and I feel like I probably didn't enjoy this as much as I normally would have. I have heard rave reviews about The Wife Between Us and have been so excited ...

5 star books

Here are six books I've read so far this year that I've given a 5 star rating to. I highly recommend each one! I've linked each to Amazon for ease of finding. The Woman in Cabin 10  by Ruth Ware What Alice Forgot  by Liane Moriarty The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas Defending Jacob by William Landay I'd love to hear your thoughts on any of the above books! Did you love them as well? Or maybe they weren't your favorite? Let's chat in the comments below! Happy Reading!